Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Psychological Manipulation

(While editing my novel from NaNo 2008.)

* ThePhan cracks up.
ThePhan: "Lars has shown him his physical capabilities, and now I have to psychologically manipulate him."
ThePhan: I can think of like 5 better ways of phrasing that sentence.
LaZorra: 0.0
* LaZorra is afraid of being psychologically manipulated.
ThePhan: But I have to psychologically manipulate you!
LaZorra: But I haven't shown you my physical capabilities yet!
ThePhan: Oh. Okay. Go!
* LaZorra runs a mile in four minutes and benchpresses Sam.
ThePhan: Impressive.
ThePhan: But doesn't that bring back the bad memories of your childhood?
LaZorra: Mommy!
ThePhan: The mile running accident that one Saturday aftenoon...
ThePhan: Let the psychological manipulation begin!
LaZorra: But I want to wear my new shoes!
LaZorra: *huffs*
ThePhan: You've never really gotten over that, have you?
Sentynel: Is this the psychiatric equivalent of cold reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment