Monday, March 10, 2014

Subtitle Goofs

ThePhan: LOL, the subtitles on this movie I downloaded are terrible.
ThePhan: The actual line: "He's straight out of medical school. I've treated ten times the patients he has."
ThePhan: The subtitles: "He strayed out of medical school. I've treated ten tenths the patients he has."
wpg: Heh.
Randy: hehe
Goosey: lol
iwpg: My favourite subtitle goof is from an episode of Charmed - one of the sisters mentioned a "vanquishing potion" (as they do), and the subtitles turned it into a "vague wishing potion".
ThePhan: LOL
Randy: haha!
ThePhan: That's that wishing potion from EVERY show/movie/book about magic ever, where they make a wish and then because they weren't specific enough things go crazy.
Goosey: LOL
ThePhan: I have a Broadway songs concert DVD that I bought on eBay and it turned out to be a Chinese bootleg. The subtitles were not as bad as I expected, but a few were terrible and awesome.
ThePhan: One song from Gypsy is all about this woman who is trying to borrow $88 from her father so she can help get her kid into show business. In the song, she keeps singing, "All that I need is 88 bucks, Papa, only 88 bucks."
ThePhan: The subtitles replace "bucks" with "bugs" every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment